|Clicker Heroes |
‹ Achievements • Ancients • Ascension • Builds • Clans ›
‹ Clickables • Currencies • Easter Eggs • Forge Cores • General Tips • Gold • Guides ›
‹ Heroes • Hero Souls • Holiday Events • Hotkeys • Known Bugs • Mercenaries • Monsters ›
‹ Newbie Guide: Pre-Transcendence • Outsiders • Patch History • Primal Bosses ›
‹ Recruitment Page • Relics • Rubies • Skills • Transcendence • Units • Upgrades • Zones ›
Rubies are the premium currency in Clicker Heroes. They can be obtained from clickables, mercenary quests, or by purchasing them from the Shop using real money.
From the Shop
Rubies can be purchased directly via real money on all providers, except Kongregate and Coolmath Games.
Kongregate users will need to purchase Kreds to their account first and use those to buy the rubies. Mobile rubies runs under the economy of 10 times the amount of PC rubies, hence the purchased amount would also be 10 times that of PC. Coolmath does not provide a way to buy rubies.
- From Clickables
- Clickables have a 44% chance to drop a ruby when clicked upon. On top of that, you have a 4% chance to get a 2nd ruby from a clickable, or more with Revolc.
- From Mercenaries
- Mercenaries can be sent on specific quests to obtain rubies (or a chance to obtain rubies).
- Another way to obtain rubies is to open Clickmas presents, obtained from the Clickmas event or from Mercenary quests.
On Mobile (iOS/Android)
- From Achievements
- From Clickables (4x the base of the PC version)
- From watching videos (5 every hour)
- From watching videos after boss failed until the app re-launched (25 every hour)
- From mercenaries
- Developers occasionally publish limited-user promo codes for free rubies on the official Twitter page and/or Reddit page.
- Promo codes can be redeemed by clicking the "Redeem" button in the bottom right corner of the Options menu and the menu button is shaped like a spanner.
Most Ruby purchases can be made from the Ruby Shop, which is accessed by clicking the green button below the monster HP bar.
Note: On websites such as Armor Games, you must create an account and log in to it in order to use the shop. This can be avoided by going to the spanner at the top right, pressing it, clicking the 'save' button, saving your progress somewhere on your device, opening the original Clicker Heroes website, pressing the spanner on it in the top right, clicking 'import' to paste your data there and then you will be able to play with the shop.
|Item||Cost in Rubies||Effect||State after Ascension||State after Transcension|
|Fast-forward 8, 24, 48 or 168 hours in time. Your cooldowns refresh, and you get a certain amount of gold based on your DPS and highest zone. It also progresses through zones and takes time off mercenary quests.||Lost||Lost|
|Auto Clicker||100 + 50 × current number of Auto Clickers owned||Auto Clickers can be used to automatically level heroes, activate skills, and click monsters for you! Auto clickers on the monster stack unlimitedly, clicking exponentially more times per stack (starting at 10 CPS), exceeding the click limit.||Remain||Remain|
|Quick Ascension||50||Additional Hero Souls will be added to the current total (not the "Ascend for" total) without resetting the levels. One Ascension will also be added to the total Ascensions in the stats.
(The Quick Ascension reward is equal to the Sum of Hero Souls from all non-Centennial bosses beaten up to your HZE * Chance of Boss being Primal + Sum of Hero Souls from Centennials up to zone 1 million. This includes Hero Souls from Transcendent Power.)
|2x multiplier to all your damage forever||50||Adds a permanent 2x multiplier to all damage. Can be purchased only once.||Remain||Remain|
|3 Random Gilded Heroes||30||Up to 3 heroes will have a gild added. One hero may be gilded more than once with this purchase. Only seen heroes can be selected. Heroes marked as LOCKED on the Gilded Heroes screen are not eligible.
(The Gilded Heroes screen can be reached by clicking the "?" button in the Shop or by clicking the "Gilded" button at the bottom of the Heroes list.)
|Remain||Lost at first, but restored gradually|
|3 Relics||40||Gives you 3 random Relics without having to hunt for them.
(You need to ascend at least once in order to unlock this purchase.)
There are also a few purchases which can't be made directly from the shop.
|Action||Cost in rubies||Where to find it||When it can be found|
|Create a new clan||50||One of the two buttons under the Clans tab||As long as you're not in a clan already|
|Immediately fight an Immortal, without having to wait||10||At the bottom of the Today's Raid tab||When you've already damaged the Immortal 3 times that day or less than 3 times but the last time was less than an hour ago, and the Immortal hasn't been beaten yet.|
|Instantly hire a new Mercenary||40||At the bottom of the Mercenary tab||As long as you have less than 5 Mercenaries|
|Revive a Mercenary||10 + ceil(1.5^(Mercenary level))||It's a green sprite below the HP bar of one of your Mercenaries||After a Mercenary has died, but before it has been buried|
On iOS/Google Play (Android)
|Item||Cost in rubies||Effect||After Ascension||After Transcension|
|2x Damage Multiplier||500||Adds a permanent 2x multiplier to all damage. Can be purchased only once.||Retained||Retained|
|+1 Auto Tapper||1000 + 500 × current amount of Auto Clicker owned||Auto Tappers can be used to automatically level heroes, activate skills, and tap monsters for you! Auto tappers on the monster stack unlimitedly, tapping exponentially more times per stack (starting at 10 TPS), exceeding the tap limit.||Retained||Retained|
|Instantly get 8, 24, or 48 hours of offline progress.||Lost||Lost|
|3 Gilded Heroes||200||Up to 3 heroes will have a gild added. One hero may be gilded more than once with this purchase.||Retained||Lost at first, but restored gradually|
|Quick Ascension||500||Additional Hero Souls will be added to the current total (not the "Ascend for" total) without resetting the levels.
(You need to defeat level 105 to unlock Hero Souls.)
|3 Relics||400||Gives you 3 random Relics without having to hunt for them.||Retained||Lost|
|Seeing Red||Complete 5 quests for Rubies.|
|The Red Baron||Complete 25 quests for Rubies.|
|Red Tide||Complete 100 quests for Rubies.|
|Red Sea||Complete 500 quests for Rubies.|
|Red Planet||Complete 2500 quests for Rubies.|
Tips On Spending Rubies
- In early game: The first thing you will want to buy are 2 Auto Clickers. Next, you want to buy the Double Damage upgrade. Buy 3 more Auto Clickers and begin saving rubies.
- In late game: Buy Timelapses and Quick Ascensions. As you progress further and further, it becomes more and more efficient to Quick Ascend rather than World Ascend. Once you reach Zone 60K depending on your Ruby amount, you will want to start Timelapsing. At around Zone 225K, depending on your Ruby amount you will want to start Quick Ascending overr and over until you reach the cap at Zone 1 Million. You should then begin Timelapsing again.
- Do not Timelapse at Zone 60K unless you already have over 2600 rubies.
- The Ruby Shop (and with it, the Ruby system) was introduced in patch 0.17c. It only sold Timelapses, Gilded Heroes, and Quick Ascensions at that time though.
- Patch 1.0 limited the amount of clickables that could award rubies to 25 per ascension.
- Patch 1.0e10 added 24 and 48-hour timelapses which cost 20 and 30 rubies, and halved the cost of an 8-hour timelapse.
- Patch 1.0e11 removed the cap of 25 clickables that could drop rubies. It also added a 168-hour timelapse and made Quick Ascension's hero soul reward stop growing after zone 1 million.
- In the 2017 April Fool's Day event, clicking the hero's faces could possibly give you rubies.