|Clicker Heroes |
‹ Achievements • Ancients • Ascension • Builds • Clans ›
‹ Clickables • Currencies • Easter Eggs • Forge Cores • General Tips • Gold • Guides ›
‹ Heroes • Hero Souls • Holiday Events • Hotkeys • Known Bugs • Mercenaries • Monsters ›
‹ Newbie Guide: Pre-Transcendence • Outsiders • Patch History • Primal Bosses ›
‹ Recruitment Page • Relics • Rubies • Skills • Transcendence • Units • Upgrades • Zones ›
Clicking the "Summon Ancient" button will bring up a random selection of four Ancients. Each Ancient purchase will reroll the ones available. Selections can also be rerolled at any time by clicking the "Reroll" button in the selection box. The costs of rerolls depend on the number of Ancients summoned (see table below). For beginners, it is best to get Siyalatas, Juggernaut or Libertas. Siyalatas increases your DPS by 25%, a good boost for beginners. Juggernaut is a must have if you use an auto clicker especially. The more you click, your click damage increases. Libertas gives you more gold.
Once summoned, Ancients can be leveled up to increase their effects at the cost of additional Hero Souls per level.
Hero Souls spent on Ancients can be retrieved at any point by clicking on the "Respec" button. Respecing will destroy all summoned Ancients and refund 75% of the Hero Souls spent.
|Ancient||Summon cost (HS)||Reroll cost (HS)|
|Total cost to summon all: 184161|
*At this point, there will be only 4 Ancients left, making rerolls useless. Because of this, the "Reroll" button doesn't actually work, despite the fact that a reroll price is shown.
List of Ancients
|Ancient||ID||Category||Incremental Cost||Cumulative Cost||Effect per level|
|Argaiv, Ancient of Enhancement||28||Gilds||+2% Gilded DPS bonus (per Gild)|
|Atman, Ancient of Souls||13||Hero Souls||primal boss chance increase|
|Berserker, Ancient of Rage||24||Skills||+2s Powersurge duration|
|Bhaal, Ancient of Murder||15||Clicking||+15% critical damage|
|Bubos, Ancient of Diseases||18||Progression||boss life reduction|
|Chawedo, Ancient of Agitation||22||Skills||+2s Clickstorm duration|
|Chronos, Ancient of Time||17||Progression||boss timer increase|
|Dogcog, Ancient of Thrift||11||Gold||hero cost reduction|
|Dora, Ancient of Discovery||14||Gold||treasure chest chance increase|
|Energon, Ancient of Battery Life||27||Skills||+2s Metal Detector duration|
|Fortuna, Ancient of Chance||12||Gold||10x Gold chance increase|
|Fragsworth, Ancient of Wrath||19||Clicking||+20% click damage|
|Hecatoncheir, Ancient of Wallops||23||Skills||+2s Super Clicks duration|
|Juggernaut, Ancient of Momentum||29||Clicking||+0.01% DPS per click combo (active clicking)|
|Kleptos, Ancient of Thieves||26||Skills||+2s Golden Clicks duration|
|Kumawakamaru, Ancient of Shadows||21||Progression||required monster kills per level reduction|
|Libertas, Ancient of Freedom||4||Idle||+25% to +15% idle Gold (down 1% every 10 levels)|
|Mammon, Ancient of Greed||8||Gold||+5% Gold|
|Mimzee, Ancient of Riches||9||Gold||+50% treasure chest gold|
|Morgulis, Ancient of Death||16||DPS||+11% Hero Soul DPS|
|Nogardnit, Ancient of Moderation||32||Idle||+10% Gold per unassigned Auto Clicker when idle (no clicks for 60 seconds).|
|Pluto, Ancient of Wealth||10||Gold||increased gold from Golden Clicks|
|Revolc, Ancient of Luck||31||Clickables||increased chance of double rubies from clickable upon ruby drop|
|Siyalatas, Ancient of Abandon||5||Idle||+25% to +15% idle DPS (down 1% every 10 levels)|
|Sniperino, Ancient of Accuracy||25||Skills||+2s Lucky Strikes duration|
|Vaagur, Ancient of Impatience||20||Skills||skill cooldown reduction|
ID = Internal game ID of ancient
The variable n in costs represents the level to which the Ancient is upgraded, e.g. leveling Bhaal from 9 to 10 costs 10 Hero Souls.
Incremental costs are costs to level an ancient to n from the previous level, while cumulative costs are costs to level it from level 1 to level n.
These Ancients no longer exist. They can only be obtained by importing a save from an older version or save editing.
|Ancient||ID||Effect per level|
|Iris, Ancient of Vision||30||+1 to starting zones available after ascending|
|Khrysos, Ancient of Inheritance||6||starting gold after an ascension|
|Thusia, Ancient of Vaults||7||+% health of Treasure Chests while Golden Clicks is active.|
|Solomon, Ancient of Wisdom||3||+% Primal Hero Souls (starting at 5%, and scaling down to 1%)|
Ancients Tier List
Here is an estimated tier list for Ancients in Clicker Heroes. This list can be used as an indication of how a player should summon their Ancients: Ancients in higher tiers are generally worthier to summon than those in lower tiers. Bottom Tier contains Ancients that are not recommended to summon at all. Some Ancients are placed differently based on whether a player is playing an Idle, Hybrid or an Active Build (e.g. Fragsworth, Bhaal, and Juggernaut), so this list should be used based on what kind of strategy is being used. Also, each tier has no specific order from best to worst, it's just placed in alphabetical order.
- Ancients were introduced in patch 0.12, with 26 available for purchase.
- Patch 0.14 guaranteed Ancient rerolls to give as many new Ancients as possible.
- Patch 0.15 introduced Iris (Ancient of Vision) and Juggernaut (Ancient of Momentum).
- Patch 0.18 added Revolc (Ancient of Luck).
- In patch 1.0, Iris, Khrysos (Ancient of Inheritance), Pluto (Ancient of Wealth) and Thusia (Ancient of Vaults) were removed.
- Patch 1.0 removed level maximums for all available Ancients. However, since Khrysos was removed in the same patch, Khrysos' maximum level was not removed. Thus, Khrysos is now the only Ancient with a maximum level.
- If save editing is used to make Khrysos go to a higher level, the effect remains the same as if Khrysos was level 10.
- Since patch 1.0e6, with the addtion of Nogardnit (Ancient of Moderation), there are 26 Ancients available for purchase.
- In patch 1.0e10, Solomon (Ancient of Wisdom) was removed, but Pluto was reintroduced
- After summoning all the Ancients, the "Reroll" button is still present, costing 23334 hero souls, but clicking will obviously not affect anything. The text above the button says, "Choose one ancient to summon for 70000 Hero Souls.", even though there are none left.
- Since Libertas, Mammon, and Mimzee all affect gold gain, the three are oft-referred to as the Three Musketeers of the Clicker Heroes world.